Common questions when supplying artwork

1. What file format should I supply my artwork?
We print from PDF files, so supplying in PDF is best. Fonts should be embedded or changed to outlines/curves and transparencies should be flattened. Alternatively you can supply the original program file and we may be able to create a pdf. A pdf file will usually contain vector graphics which are composed of paths, while raster graphics or jpg’s are composed of pixels. Vector artwork creates a sharper print.

2. Should I supply my artwork in CMYK colour or will RGB be ok?
Our printer prints in CMYK. Any files supplied in RGB colour are prone to a colour shift, it’s much better to convert the colour using the original program file so the designer can keep control of any shift, rather than the printer converting it automatically where there is less control.

3. Can I use images I have from the web?
The internet uses images which are only 72dpi (dots per inch) whereas 300dpi is the minimum requirement for high quality printing. You can use a 72dpi image as long as its 4 x the size you require it to be. Using a 72dpi image taken directly from the web and imported into your document at the same size you need it, is likely to be too low resolution and this will cause it to print blurry and pixelated.

4. What about pagination?
If you are supplying a single or double sided leaflet then we need simply either one or two files supplied. However if you are supplying a booklet of more than 4 pages then we require them as single pages numbered in the running order of page 1 being the front cover, page 2 inside left cover and all the way around to the back cover being your last page. This way we know the running order of the pages.

5. Can I supply my files together on one sheet?
If you are supplying your designs on one sheet this can potentially cause problems as we have to layout the designs for printing, so its best if you can supply separate files as this is more flexible.

6. What if I use Pantone colour?
Pantone colour should be converted to CMYK colour profile using the original program file to avoid a colour shift.

7. Do I need to supply my files with ‘crop marks’ or ‘registration marks’?
We prefer that you not supply artwork with any marks, as our Fiery software adds crop marks. But be sure to include a bleed!

Do I need to supply my documents with ‘bleed’?

When supplying your own artwork it is important to have the correct bleed. If your artwork has colour or images that go all the way to the edge, it needs a bleed. We require .125″ bleed all the way around, therefore your final page size should be .25″ larger than the finished size. (example letter size 8.75″W x 11.25″H)


For publication, we prefer to use files in PC format, preferably from CorelDraw, Illustrator or Photoshop software. We are always updating our software and work with the most current versions of these programs.
We may also accept InDesgin, Publisher, Word or Excel files, but we would prefer these files to be converted and supplied as a press quality

If you are supplying your artwork via email, we require your files (i.e. illustrations, links and fonts) to be compressed as a ZIP file.

If the file is too large then you can use Dropbox, Google Drive or any program such as We Transfer to send the file to us.